Good Ideas - Beauty in a pinch

The other day, I was out with a friend when she told me a beauty trick she'd recently learned: using toilet seat covers in place of blotting papers... An oldie, but I goodie, that one was a trick I'd been using for years! Here are a few other tricks I use for beauty in a pinch:
Image via Tatcha Beauty

My favorite facial mask ever is one made with household ingredients - uncoated aspirin and honey, (plusa little water, too.) I'll use a drop of water to dissolve a few aspirin tablets, then mix in a little honey to form a grainy paste. After letting it dry on my face, I'll gently massage in light circular motions before rinsing it all off with warm water. It works because aspirin is a derivative of salicylic acid, and honey is a natural antiseptic.
Image by bamboopandalove who also loves this mask (and the font from my header!)
.
If I run out of dry shampoo, I'll use just about anything powdered... baby-powder, cornstarch, even face powder will work if you dust it on your roots, shake your head upside down and brush it all out afterwards.
Image by Beth Galton for Real Simple
.
If I'm linty with no remover in sight, I'll wrap packing tape (or any tape) around my hand and pat the lint off.
Image via etsy seller Le Box Boutique
.
If my bangs get slick while I'm at work, a paperclip will work in place of a bobby pin. (Just be careful when removing it later!)
 Image via We Make Carpets (Can you believe this rug is made from paperclips?)

If I lose an earring backing while I'm on the run, the end of a pencil eraser can keep things secure until I get home.
Image by Paul Wicheloe for Real Simple

What beauty tricks do you use in a pinch?

Comments

  1. You have some great tips, thanks for sharing! Sometimes i like to use sugar as a face scrub and if i can remember i'll add some drops of lemon juice to it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, some really great tips! The toilet seat cover one is something I would have never thought of!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great - and I'm *especially* taking notes on the toilet-covers-as-blotting-papers tip, since I always seem to be out of those when I need them!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts