Mascara for a Cause? Yes Please!

Photo by Mario Testino

My mascara was tired, and I'm pretty sure it was past its 3-month lifespan. (See Marie Claire's makeup expiration guidelines.) Plus, I was itching to try something new. While browsing the display at Sephora, a makeup artist stopped by.
"Is there something I can help you with?" she asked.
"Yes," I replied, "I'd like a volumizing mascara that nourishing, too." (I'm not so worried about lengthening. Nourishing my lashes helps 'em stay long because they're no longer brittle and prone to breaking.)
"Oh, you'll love this one," she said as she picked up a heart covered tube. (I already did... I'm a sucker for packaging.) "You're familiar with Dior Show? Well, this is being called the 'green' Dior Show. Plus it's GOGO." While I was tempted to just nod, because of course I knew what GOGO was, I asked. I'm so glad I did!

GOGO stands for Get One Give One. It turns out that Josie Maran is giving one mascara to a cancer patient/survivor up to 5,000 tubes. After that, she is giving $1 for every additional tube sold to City of Hope, a cancer research, treatment, and education institution. It's just a little thing, but it's nice to know that my purchase is (in the words of Sephora,) "...helping women look better, feel better, and build self esteem. Now isn't that beautiful?"

You can buy your own here.

P.S. I popped open the tube before I got into my car, and it was broken. I brought it back and swapped it for a fully functioning tube - phew! In my rearview mirror (before I started the engine.) I put it on, and I LOVE it. Yay!

Comments

  1. Whoops! I just noticed Kate Moss isn't putting on mascara in this picture! I still like it though, (it's so glamorous!) so it stays.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts