Tasty Bites - Fanny at Chez Panisse - A Classic!

Watercolor Illustration by Ann Arnold from Fanny at Chez Panisse

Camille Styles posted this recipe for candied orange peels today, and I was instantly taken back to the first time I made them, using a recipe from Fanny at Chez Panisse. If you've never read the children's book, you should definitely take a peek. It's a picture book, following Alice Waters' daughter, Fanny, around the famous Chez Panisse Restaurant. The story is sweet, but my favorite parts are the {46!} recipes, and the gorgeous watercolor illustrations by Ann Arnold. Yep, back before watercolor was trendy, and before the slow food movement really took off, this book had me playing chef, whipping up simple, fresh, delicious dishes. I can still taste that sweet cherry tomato pasta. I think it's time for a revisit! 

Watercolor Illustration by Ann Arnold from Fanny at Chez Panisse

(Random side note, Fanny was the year above me at my high school. Sitting across from her in math was like some bizarre celebrity encounter for little ol' 14 year old me! Of course, she was nothing but nice.)

Comments

Popular Posts